Stop Absolutely Everything Because Arnott’s Released A Tim Tam Brownie Recipe
For the last few weeks, Arnott’s has been releasing recipes inspired by their all-time great biscuits. And while I truly appreciate having the means to make my own Monte Carlo, that’s been blown out of the water by their latest share: the recipe for a Tim Tam brownie.
While Arnott’s hasn’t released the official Tim Tam recipe, this is a close second. After all, it combines the literally perfect biccie with another of baking’s greatest hits, the brownie.
“The response to the Big Recipe Release has been amazing, and many people have been asking us for Tim Tam,” said Arnott’s Master Baker Vanessa Horton.
“While the biscuit itself is Advanced-Level Baking, this brownie recipe is an easy and delicious way to make a treat using Australia’s favourite chocolate biscuit.”
2 minutes after opening a pack of Tim Tams https://t.co/hJXSCCvAuD
— Mia Hay-Mackenzie (@miahaymackenzie) August 5, 2018
The luxe-as-hell brownie joins the Monte Carlo, Scotch Finger, and Iced Vovo recipes already released by Arnott’s. What’s next is anyone’s guess, but we’re keeping our fingers crossed for a Kingston or even Chicken Crimpy Shapes.
Here’s the Tim Tam brownie recipe:
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
Melted butter, to grease
120g dark chocolate, chopped
1 1/2 cups caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup plain flour
1 tbs cocoa powder
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 packet of original Tim Tams, chopped
1/2 cup almonds, chopped
1/2 tsp sea-salt flakes
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a 20 x 20cm square cake tin. Line with baking paper.
- Put chocolate and butter in a medium saucepan over low heat, stir until melted and smooth. Cool slightly.
- Stir sugar into chocolate mixture; add eggs, one at a time, beating with a wooden spoon after each addition until just combined. Stir in vanilla.
- Combine flour, cocoa powder and baking powder in a small bowl. Add flour mixture to chocolate mixture. Stir until just combined.
- Stir through Tim Tams. Pour batter into prepared tin. Spreading evenly, sprinkle with almonds and sea salt flakes.
- Bake for 25- 30 minutes or until firm. Cool in tin on a wire rack. Remove from tin. Cut into service sizes pieces, and serve.
(Lead image: Arnott’s)