Take A Tour Of New Orleans’ Iconic Restaurants With Homer Simpson
On the list of fictional characters we’d like to ask for a restaurant recommendation, Homer Simpson is at the top. While his choices in the kitchen can be, er, questionable at times, a man who eats as much as he does must have some good taste.
“Did you know that a man can fall in love with a city?” Homer asks Lisa. “It happens slowly at first. Then you develop a crush and your love just grows and grows,” he continues.
After what seems to be a genuine and sweet sentiment, in typical Homer Simpson style, he devours a colossal amount of food as he embarks on a food crawl of some of New Orleans’ most popular diners.
- Crawfish at Bevi Seafood Co.
- Lamb tagine at Jamilia’s
- Grilled lamb sausage at Emeril’s
- Zucchini bisque at Bon Ton Cafe
- A crab meat po-boy at Johnny’s Po-boy
- A duck po-boy at Crabby Jack’s
- A chicken sausage po-boy at Gene’s Po-boy
- A crawfish sausage po-boy at Tracey’s
- A cochon de lait po-boy at Cochon
- A turkey po-boy at DeMartino’s
- A roast beef po-boy Parasol’s
- An alligator po-boy at Jaques-Imo’s
- Catfish almondine at Mulate’s
- Crawfish almondine at Mahoney’s
- Boiled crawfish at Frankie & Johnny’s
- Cajun crawfish at Cajun Seafood
- A muffuletta sandwich at Central Grocery
- Fried crab cakes at Galatoire’s
- Pecan catfish at Parkway Bakery and Tavern
- Seafood mirliton casserole at K-Paul’s
- Fried chicken at Dooky Chase’s
- Smoky bacon greens at Katie’s
- Seafood au gratin at Brennan’s
- Creole sweet potatoes at Antoine’s
- Jambalaya at Coop’s Place
- Oyster pralines at The Praline Connection
- Oyster patties at Arnaud’s
- Pralines and cookies at Loretta’s
- Pecan pie at Palm Court
- Boudin balls at The Court of the Two Sisters
The animated journey through some of New Orleans’ most iconic eats comes to an end when Homer walks out of Commander’s Palace, but later in the episode the whole Simpsons family chow down on some beignets at 24-hour institution Cafe Du Monde.
Think you could keep up?
(All images: The Simpsons / Fox)