These Are The Top 50 Aussie Wine Bars Of 2020 So Add Them To Your Bucket List
If there’s one thing that’ll get us through 2020, it’s good wine (responsibly, etc). Also probably good cheese (not at all responsibly).
You’re on your own for the cheese, but the Wineslinger awards have kindly announced their top 50 Australian wine venues for 2020, so there’s your entire bucket list sorted.
What the heck are the Wineslinger awards?
An annual award put together by Young Gun of Wine Founder Rory Kent in 2018 to get Aussies out of their wine comfort zones. It’s more rewarding the epic wines bars of our countries, rather than the wine makers.
It’s legit too, with over 100 of our leading sommeliers, winemakers, hospitality tastemakers and journalists getting the vote.
While the official top 50 have been selected, you can actually have your own say for the People’s Choice award, by heading over here before midday on October 19.
Once you’ve all cast your vote and the winner is announced, Wineslinger is partnering with Tip Jar (a hospitality relief fund that raises money for those in the industry doing it tough) to donate $1 for every punter who goes in for a tipple.
Who made the list?
The best news is that the winners are pretty evenly spread around the country, so whether you can leave your state or not, you can still have good wine.
There are 14 venues from New South Wales, 12 from Victoria, eight from Western Australia, five each from South Australia, Tasmania and Queensland, and one from the ACT.
There’s also a total of 20 newcomers to the list, so yay for new things. Please enjoy the full list below.
- 10 William Street, Paddington
- Alberto’s Lounge, Sydney
- Bentley Restaurant & Bar, Sydney
- Bibo Wine Bar, Double Bay
- Dear Sainte Eloise, Potts Point
- Ester, Chippendale
- Fix Wine, Sydney
- Fleet, Brunswick Heads
- Love, Tilly Devine, Darlinghurst
- Ode Bar, Bondi
- Poly, Surry Hills
- Ragazzi, Sydney
- Where’s Nick, Marrickville
- WyNo x Bodega, Surry Hills
- Cru Bar + Cellar, Fortitude Valley
- La Lune Wine Co, South Brisbane
- La Lupa, West End
- Maeve Wine Bar, South Brisbane
- Snack Man, Fortitude Valley
- Hellbound, Adelaide
- Leigh Street Wine Room, Adelaide
- Mother Vine, Adelaide
- The Salopian Inn, McLaren Vale
- The Summertown Aristologist, Summertown
- Havilah, Launceston
- Lucinda, Hobart
- Sonny, Hobart
- Stillwater, Launceston
- Tom McHugo’s Hobart Hotel, Hobart
- Bar Liberty, Fitzroy
- Carlton Wine Room, Carlton
- City Wine Shop, Melbourne
- Embla, Melbourne
- Etta, Brunswick East
- France-Soir, South Yarra
- Geralds Bar, Carlton North
- Marion, Fitzroy
- Napier Quarter, Fitzroy
- Old Palm Liquor, Brunswick East
- Union Street Wine, Geelong
- Winespeake, Daylesford
- Lalla Rookh, Perth
- Le Rebelle, Mount Lawley
- Liberté, Albany
- Lulu La Delizia, Subiaco
- Madalena’s Bar, South Fremantle
- Petition Wine Merchant, Perth
- Settlers Tavern, Margaret River
- Wines of While, Perth
(Lead Image: Provided / Wineslinger 2020)